In preparation for the holidays, I’m beginning Mascot Monday, where I will post up an instructional PDF once a week on how to do a simple mascot ornament gift. Last year for Christmas I made one for each of my friends and they were very well received, so this year I’m offering everyone these instructions so that everyone can enjoy them!
This week’s ornament: Bear
Sadly, I recently changed computers so I’ve lost almost all of the photos i had of the actual mascots once they were made, but hopefully you can imagine all the mascots from the few pictures that I do have
Supplies Needed (all the supplies can be used for multiple mascots):
- 3 Pieces craft felt in different colors (I used brown for the body, black for the eyes and nose, and tan for the muzzle and belly)
- 1 Tube crazy glue
- 1 Spool of coordinating thred
- 1 Package of stuffing
Step 2: Cut out the shapes of the paper pattern
Step 3: Use the paper shapes to cut out your shapes in felt. I like to tape the shape onto the felt with scotch tape so that it’s easier to cut.
Step 4: Follow the instructions on the guide:
- Glue ears (7a,b) to back of 1a. Sanwich ears with 1b. BS & stuff. Set aside.
- Glue arms (2a,b) and legs (4a,b) to back of 5a.
- Glue 6 to front of 5a. Optional: embroider small x on tummy for belly button.
- Sandwich arms, legs with 5b. BS & stuff.
- Attach head to body. 6 – Glue on eyes (9a,b), muzzle (8) and nose (3).