In preparation for the holidays, I’m doing a Mascot Monday, where I will post up an instructional PDF once a week on how to do a simple mascot ornament gift. Last year for Christmas I made one for each of my friends and they were very well received, so this year I’m offering everyone these instructions so that everyone can enjoy them!
This week’s ornament: Pug
Sadly, I recently changed computers so I’ve lost almost all of the photos i had of the actual mascots once they were made, but hopefully you can imagine all the mascots from the few pictures that I do have
Supplies Needed (all the supplies can be used for multiple mascots):
- 4 Pieces craft felt in different colors (I used tan for the body, brown for the accents, white and black for the eyes and nose)
- 1 Tube crazy glue
- 1 Spool of coordinating thred
- 1 Package of stuffing
Step 2: Cut out the shapes of the paper pattern
Step 3: Use the paper shapes to cut out your shapes in felt. I like to tape the shape onto the felt with scotch tape so that it’s easier to cut.
Step 4: Follow the instructions on the guide:
- Glue tail (3) to back for 1a.
- Sandwich tail between 1a,b. BS & stuff 1a,b. Set aside.
- Glue ears (6a,b) to back of 4a.
- Sandwich ears between 4a,b. BS & stuff 4a,b.
- Glue muzzle (5) and eye bags (9a,b) to front of 4a.
- Glue 7a,b (eye whites) to front of 4a.
- Glue 8a,b to front of 4a on top of eye whites.
- Attach head to body